Saturday, January 15, 2011
Ask your doctor to explain your diagnosis and how it might affect you and your family.
Useful questions include:
* What is the diagnosis? Find out the complete medical name - and what it means in plain English!
* What is my prognosis (outlook for the future)?
* What changes, if any, will I need to make in my daily life?
* Is there a chance that someone else in my family might get the same condition?
* Will I need special help at home for my condition? If so, what type of help?